HONG KONG PROGRAM
A virtual program focusing on global startups that are developing new alternatives and better processes to solve the inefficiencies in the food supply chain and fix our broken food system.
Our food system is broken. The world’s population is expected to grow to 9.8 billion by 2050 and will comprise people who, on average, will live longer than ever before. To accommodate this, current food production will need to almost double. Yet, our current food production system is inefficient, unsustainable, and cannot be scaled to meet the growing demands of an ever-increasing global population.
This leads to a pressing need to rethink every part of the agri-food supply chain from farm to fork. From reducing and upcycling food waste, unlocking novel ingredients and food processing methods, making our food supply chain more efficient and transparent, to rethinking how food products reach the end consumer, we believe innovation is the key to solving a multitude of problems.
To enhance the efficiency and sustainability of our food system, we invest in founders using technology to disrupt the agri-tech system. Join the leading Food Technology program in the heart of Asia and get access to one of the fastest growing urban and population centres in the world.
We invest a minimum of $80,000 USD via SAFE note or in an equity round for a negotiable percentage.
The program is designed to support startups in three main areas:
1. Preparation in getting investor-ready and fundraising via Brinc’s network of investors
2. Technical support in product refinement to ensure its market readiness
3. Commercialisation via access to new markets, distribution support, or exposure to corporates.
In addition to funding, we provide mentorship, networking, access to experts, food scientists, ecosystem players, distributors, investor match matching, a customized curriculum, an international startup perks package, and on-going support post program to help get your startup to the next level.
- Alternative Protein
- Sustainable Food Packaging
- Food Waste Solutions
- Novel Ingredients
- Restaurant Tech
- Food Delivery & Last Mile Logistics
- Food Supply Chain Innovation
- FoodTech SaaS
- We invest in international startups. Startups do not have to be based in the program’s location.
- Startups that have developed a product that fits within one of our Food Technology investment verticals.
- At least 2 co-founders with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable and defined business model with high growth potential.
- Fundraising traction.
- Ideally, must be looking to deploy their product / solution in the Asian market.
Startups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to:
- Pay a USD $30,000 participation fee for our program. This fee can be deducted from our investment amount.
- The program is 100% online and remote. There is no need to be physically present in the location for the duration of the program.
Applications are currently closed. Complete the interest form below to get notified when our applications open for Spring 2022!
Mix business with purpose
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
We create synergy by pairing founders with the right corporate partners to help spark new thinking and develop ideas that could make a significant difference to both business and ultimately the world.
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!