TCA-BRINC PROGRAM, INDIA
AGRITECH & FOODTECH
A virtual program focusing on Indian startups that are developing new alternatives and better processes to solve the inefficiencies in the Agritech and Foodtech space.
Farmers and food suppliers require innovative ideas to change how we grow and consume food products. The world’s population is expected to grow to 9.8 billion by 2050 and will comprise people who, on average, will live longer than ever before. To accommodate this, current food production will need to almost double. Yet, our current food production system is inefficient, unsustainable, and cannot be scaled to meet the growing demands of an ever-increasing global population.
This leads to a pressing need to rethink every part of the agri-food supply chain from farm to fork. From reducing and upcycling food waste, unlocking novel ingredients and food processing methods, making our food supply chain more efficient and transparent, to rethinking how food products reach the end consumer, we believe innovation is the key to solving a multitude of problems.
To enhance the efficiency and sustainability of our food system, we invest in founders using technology to disrupt the food system. Join our Agri and Food Technology program in India and get access to one of the fastest growing urban and population centres in the world.
We invest a minimum of $50,000 USD via CCPS in an equity round for a negotiable percentage.
The program is designed to support startups in three main areas:
1. Preparation in getting investor-ready and fundraising via Brinc’s network of investors.
2. Technical support in product refinement to ensure its market readiness.
3. Commercialization via access to new markets, distribution support, or exposure to corporates.
In addition to funding, we provide mentorship, networking, access to experts, food scientists, ecosystem players, distributors, investor match matching, a customized curriculum, an international startup perks package, and on-going support post program to help get your startup to the next level. There will also be the opportunity for follow on investment of $150K-500K USD based on progress during the program.
- Smart Farming
- Irrigation and Soil Management
- Greenhour Management
- Pest Control
- Precision Farming
- Robotics & Automation
- Big Data & AI
- Food Supply Chain Innovation
- Foodtech SAAS
- Consumer Apps and Services
- Food Processing
- Next generation of Food & Drinks
- We invest in Indian startups. Startups do not have to be based in the program’s location.
- Startups that have developed a product that fits within the AgriTech & FoodTech investment verticals.
- At least 2 co-founders with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable and defined business model with high growth potential.
- Fundraising traction.
Mid Stage Startups Track
- Product: Incorporating customer feedback/2nd commercial version
- Market/Sales/Customers: In the market/acquiring customers
- Revenue: Early revenue – US$10,000- US$25,000 per year
- Support Focus: Commercial development
Early Stage Startups Track
- Product: Final stage MVP/1st commercial version
- Market/Sales/Customers: 3-4 months to market; 1st pilots (paid/unpaid)
- Revenue: No revenue to early sales (preferably LOIs)
- Support Focus: Finalizing product development and sales planning
Startups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to:
- Pay a USD $18,500 participation fee for our program. This fee will only need to be paid upon selection and after receiving the investment. It can be deducted from the investment amount.
- The program is 100% online and remote. There is no need to be physically present in the location for the duration of the program.
Ready to apply?
Applications are now open! Apply by October 4th, 2021.
Ready to apply?
Applications are currently closed. Complete the interest form below to get notified when our applications are open for Spring 2022!
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Mix business with purpose
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!
Brinc Cash Flow Tool
Our Cash Flow Tool is custom made to help founders start their business on a solid commercial foundation. We’ve fused the best parts of working financial models for startups with over a century of expertise with working with manufacturers and startups.
Please fill out the form to the right to get access to our Cash Flow Tool.