HONG KONG PROGRAM
A virtual program focusing on global startups that are developing new alternatives and better processes to solve the inefficiencies in the food supply chain and fix our broken food system.
Our food system is broken. The world’s population is expected to grow to 9.8 billion by 2050 and will comprise people who, on average, will live longer than ever before. To accommodate this, current food production will need to almost double. Yet, our current food production system is inefficient, unsustainable, and cannot be scaled to meet the growing demands of an ever-increasing global population.
This leads to a pressing need to rethink every part of the agri-food supply chain from farm to fork. From reducing and upcycling food waste, unlocking novel ingredients and food processing methods, making our food supply chain more efficient and transparent, to rethinking how food products reach the end consumer, we believe innovation is the key to solving a multitude of problems.
Since 2018, Brinc has supported over 50 food tech founders in their mission to improve our food system. We invest in founders using technology to disrupt the status quo for a more equitable and sustainable food future. Join the first and leading Food Technology program in Asia to get access to one of the fastest growing urban and population centres in the world.
Investment Ticket: USD $130,000
Program Equity Alignment: Negotiable
Program Fee: USD $30,000
The program is designed to support startups in three main areas:
1. Preparation in getting investor-ready and fundraising via Brinc’s network of investors
2. Technical support in product refinement to ensure its market readiness
3. Commercialization via access to new markets, distribution support, or exposure to corporates.
In addition to funding, we provide mentorship, networking, access to experts, food scientists, ecosystem players, distributors, investor match matching, a customized curriculum, an international startup perks package, and on-going support post program to help get your startup to the next level.
- Alternative Protein
- Sustainable Food Packaging
- Novel Ingredients
- Restaurant Tech
- Food Delivery & Last Mile Logistics
- Food Supply Chain Innovation
- FoodTech SaaS
- We invest in international startups. Startups do not have to be based in the program’s location.
- Startups that have developed a product that fits within one of our Food Technology investment verticals.
- At least 2 co-founders with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable and defined business model with high growth potential.
- Fundraising traction.
- Startups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to pay a USD $30,000 participation fee for our program. This fee can be deducted from our investment amount.
- There will also be a program equity alignment to take part in the program.
- The program is 100% online and remote. There is no need to be physically present in the location for the duration of the program.
Ready to apply?
Applications are now open! Apply by February 27th, 2022.
Mix business with purpose
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Elena Sofia Inuguglia
We create synergy by pairing founders with the right corporate partners to help spark new thinking and develop ideas that could make a significant difference to both business and ultimately the world.
With the help of Brinc’s Food Tech program, we were able to identify competitors, strategic partners, and fully understand our own business as our product doesn’t exist in the market.
Brinc gave us real exposure to different markets. We now have the knowledge & contacts that are required, should we look to bring a product to other markets.
Brinc paired us with a diverse array of mentors with expertise ranging from fundraising, pitching, food safety, branding, design and F&B hospitality.
Brinc opened our eyes and gave us insight into how to run a hardware startup from product development to building a sustainable hardware business.
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!
Good Food Manual
This extensive guide lays out the steps involved in starting a plant-based or clean meat company – from securing funding and developing your product to staffing up and expanding distribution
Every section contains insights from plant-based and clean meat experts and entrepreneurs and curates further resources so that you can dig deeper into the topics most relevant to you.
Please fill out the form to the right to get access to our Good Food Manual.