SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
FOOD TECHNOLOGY SCALEUP
Brinc and leading European VC, BlueHorizon Ventures, have partnered to invest US$3M+ in global FoodTech Scaleup’s through the Brinc FoodTech Scaleup Program, representing the largest cheque size for FoodTech accelerator programs worldwide. The three-month program will also be a world’s first to run cross-border between Singapore and Hong Kong with a goal to help founders maximize impact and scale as we all work to redesign our food systems & help governments achieve attain food security goals.
Brinc recognized that graduating startups from their programs as well as from other early stage accelerators were struggling with their next crucial developmental milestone — commercialization. The program is designed to help teams navigate complexities of sales, business development and financing while working to secure commercial pilots, secure distribution and corporate engagements throughout Southeast Asia and Greater China.
Although the world is still at the early stages of the alternative protein movement, Singapore has emerged and established itself as the FoodTech hub of the SEA region. Through immense government support and funding, they have built a strong ecosystem that is home to well-known companies such as Shiok Meats and TurtleTree Labs. Hong Kong also functions as the bridge for food technology scaleups from Southeast Asia and western countries to enter China, a market poised to become a key player in the alt protein space globally.
We are currently accepting applications! If you are a FoodTech Scaleup, apply now to reach your commercialisation and fundraising goals!
In partnership with Blue Horizon Ventures, we invest $3,000,000+ USD via SAFE note or in an equity round.
Through the program, Scaleups will have access to food scientists, retailers, manufacturing and distribution partners, along with other facilities and resources. Teams will benefit from Brinc and Blue Horizon Ventures’ extensive network of investors, commercial partners, industry experts and mentors.
The accelerator program will focus on the following core objectives:
- Commercial Readiness delivered through educational modules and workshops to prepare participating Scaleups for commercial opportunities.
- Engagements with commercial partners and distributors. Facilitated introductions to Brinc’s global corporate partners and food distributors.
- Fundraising. Fundraising best practices and access to Brinc’s investor network.
- Support in corporate engagement and commercialisation through sampling and sales trials. Brinc can help manage corporate engagements secured between participating scaleups and Brinc’s corporate partner(s) during the program to bridge communication, culture and speed gaps to ensure successful outcomes.
- Introductions to supply chain partners and manufacturers. Access to Brinc’s network of contract manufacturers, commercial kitchens, and packaging solutions across Asia.
Beyond the program, graduating startups will further receive Brinc’s ongoing support and capital-raising guidance as well as a deep connection to the growing Brinc family of founders.
- Plant-based Proteins
- Cellular Agriculture
- Precision Fermentation
- Nutraceuticals; Food as medicine
- Sustainable Packaging
- Food Waste Innovations
- We invest in Scaleups that are looking to access commercial opportunities across APAC and Mainland China via Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Companies that have developed a product that fits within one of our FoodTech investment verticals.
- Strong founding and management / executive teams with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable and defined business model with high growth potential.
- Demonstrable commercial traction.
Scaleups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to pay a USD $50,000 participation fee for our program along with an equity alignment for program and post program support. This fee can be deducted from our investment amount.
The program is 100% online and remote. There is no need to be physically present on location for the duration of the program.
Ready to apply?
Applications are now open!
Mix business with purpose
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Elena Sofia Inuguglia
We create synergy by pairing founders with the right corporate partners to help spark new thinking and develop ideas that could make a significant difference to both business and ultimately the world.
With the help of Brinc’s Food Tech program, we were able to identify competitors, strategic partners, and fully understand our own business as our product doesn’t exist in the market.
Brinc gave us real exposure to different markets. We now have the knowledge & contacts that are required, should we look to bring a product to other markets.
Brinc paired us with a diverse array of mentors with expertise ranging from fundraising, pitching, food safety, branding, design and F&B hospitality.
Brinc opened our eyes and gave us insight into how to run a hardware startup from product development to building a sustainable hardware business.
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!
Good Food Manual
This extensive guide lays out the steps involved in starting a plant-based or clean meat company – from securing funding and developing your product to staffing up and expanding distribution
Every section contains insights from plant-based and clean meat experts and entrepreneurs and curates further resources so that you can dig deeper into the topics most relevant to you.
Please fill out the form to the right to get access to our Good Food Manual.