HONG KONG, CHINA
GREATER BAY AREA - FOOD WASTE
Brinc has developed a three month program covering Greater Bay Area, spanning Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou, designed to support entrepreneurs who are solving the inefficiencies in the food supply chain by developing new alternatives and better processes.
One-third of all food supplied for consumption is either lost or wasted, amounting to an incredible 1.3 billion tonnes of unused produce every year. This wastage happens at every level of the agri-food supply chain. Optimizing this process through waste reduction or upcycling would unlock huge monetary value and reap massive environmental savings in parallel.
We invest in startups that upcycle food surplus and innovate to minimize food waste to save precious resources, both economic and natural, from being unnecessarily squandered.
Join the leading Food Waste program in the heart of Hong Kong and get access to one of the fastest growing urban and population centres in the world, via the Greater Bay Area.
We invest $80,000 USD via SAFE note or in an equity round.
In addition to our funding, we provide mentorship, networking, access to experts, food scientists, retailers, investor matching, a customized curriculum, technical onsite training, an international startup perks package, and on-going support to help get your startup to the next level.
- Food Waste
- Food Surplus
- Circular Economy
- Food Upcycling
- We invest in international startups. Startups do not have to be based in the program’s location.
- Startups that have developed a product that fits within the Food Surplus and Waste Management Category.
- At least 2 co-founders with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable and defined business model with high growth potential.
- Fundraising traction.
- Ideally, must be looking to deploy their product / solution in the Asian market.
Startups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to:
- Pay a USD $30,000 participation fee for our program. This fee can be deducted from our investment amount.
- The program is 100% online and remote. There is no need to be physically present in the location for the duration of the program.
Ready to apply?
Applications are currently closed. If you’re interested in applying for our future accelerator programs, please fill out the form and we will be in touch when applications open.
Mix business with purpose
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!