HONG KONG, CHINA
HKSTP FAST TRACK POWERED BY BRINC
Comprising Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
HKSTP Fast Track in collaboration with Brinc, is a comprehensive 10-day programme including tailored support and guidance on how to scale your business in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area.
During Week 1 of the programme, participants will be introduced to the thriving innovation ecosystem in the Greater Bay Area as well as key considerations including how to setup a business, government funding, taxes, talent, R&D opportunities, and all HKSTP programmes. During Week 2, participants have the option to meet with potential investors, and engage in corporate matching and individual sessions with InvestHK and HKSTP who will advise the best way to grow your business in the region.
Selected startups will be invited to join the comprehensive 10-day programme hosted in collaboration with an extensive ecosystem of local partners to educate participants on; visas and immigration, taxation, government grants and support, fundraising, talent recruitment, go-to-market strategies, policies and regulations, and supply chains for selected industries.
Upon completion of the 10-day Fast Track programme, participants are expected to be equipped with all the necessary knowledge and introductions to all potential stakeholders that can help setup and scale their business in the GBA and translate their R&D into commercialized products. Potential outcomes include but are not limited to; joint R&D projects with local universities, access to government grants, acceptance into HKSTP Programmes, Accelerator opportunities and connections to local investors or corporate partners.
- Practical tips to secure local government fundings on talent and R&D up to US$2.6M per startup.
- Introduction to local investors, accelerators and corporate matching.
- Build your network in the GBA to gain access to 72 million population and market worth US$1.7 trillion in GDP.
- Derive your best tax strategy in the simple tax regime in HK to explore China business (16.5% flat for annual net profit, max 300% tax rebate on R&D spending).
- Guidance on the requirements and best path to apply for HKSTP programmes and opportunities to scale your business in the region.
Cohort 4 Theme: Telecom Infrastructure
Telecom Infrastructure is the key technology enabler of our digitized world. The current pandemic situation has reflected the new business and connectivity models and huge dependency on the Telecom Infrastructure. We are looking for talented entrepreneurs with the vision to develop the network and cybersecurity technologies to enable smart manufacturing, tele-construction, and tele-health implementations.
Fast Track Programme Verticals
- Telecom Infrastructure: Smart Manufacturing
- Telecom Infrastructure: Smart Home
- Telecom Infrastructure: Tele-construction
- Telecom Infrastructure: Tele-medicine/ Tele-health
- Ultra Wideband Body Sensor Network/ Bio-medical Sensing/ Health Monitoring (Non-regulatory Solutions)
- Internet of Medical Things
- Enterprise Private 5G
- Data Centre Interconnect (DCI)
- Cybersecurity (Network Security & Information Privacy)
- There are no restrictions on company size to apply for this Fast Track Programme.
- Applications that express clear interest in landing in Hong Kong and the GBA within the next 12 months will be prioritized.
- Any local or international startup which is not a current HKSTP tenant is eligible to apply.
Accepted participants to join the 10-day programme virtually and all sessions will be recorded. Participants should expect on average 4 hours of sessions daily during week 1 and a flexible schedule in week 2 for investors, corporates and 1on1 meetings with InvestHK and HKSTP.
- Application Deadline: November 13, 2021
- Acceptance Notifications: November 22 – 26, 2021
- Fast Track Programme: November 29 – December 10, 2021
Ready to apply?
Applications are now open!