HONG KONG, CHINA
HKSTP LANDING POWERED BY BRINC
Comprising Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
HKSTP Landing in collaboration with Brinc, is a comprehensive 5-10 day programme including tailored support and guidance on how to scale your business in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area. During Week 1 of the programme, participants will be introduced to the thriving innovation ecosystem in the Greater Bay Area as well as key considerations in landing, including how to setup a business, government funding, taxes, talent, R&D opportunities, and all HKSTP programmes. During Week 2, participants have the option to meet with potential investors, and engage in corporate matching and individual sessions with InvestHK and HKSTP who will advise the best way to grow your business in the region.
Selected startups will be invited to join the comprehensive 5-10 day programme hosted in collaboration with an extensive ecosystem of local partners to educate participants on; visas and immigration, taxation, government grants and support, fundraising, talent recruitment, go-to-market strategies, policies and regulations, and supply chains for selected industries.
For accepted startups joining the programme on-site, HKSTP Landing will be hosted at InnoCell, a smart living and co-creation space designed for I&T talents to spark collaboration within Hong Kong Science Park. All of the spaces in InnoCell are designed with a well-considered balance between aesthetics and functionality.
Upon completion of the 5-10 day Landing programme, participants are expected to be equipped with all the necessary knowledge and introductions to all potential stakeholders that can help setup and scale their business in the GBA and translate their R&D into commercialised products. Potential outcomes include but are not limited to; joint R&D projects with local universities, access to government grants, acceptance into HKSTP Programmes, Accelerator opportunities and connections to local investors or corporate partners.
- Practical tips to secure local government fundings on talent and R&D up to US$2.6M per startup.
- Introduction to local investors, accelerators and corporate matching.
- Build your network in the GBA to gain access to 72 million population and market worth US$1.7 trillion in GDP.
- Derive your best tax strategy in the simple tax regime in HK to explore China business (16.5% flat for annual net profit, max 300% tax rebate on R&D spending).
- Guidance on the requirements and best path to apply for HKSTP programmes and opportunities to scale your business in the region.
Cohort 2 Theme: Property Technologies – Facility Management
Now more than ever technology is being integrated into our homes and buildings surrounding us to create a smarter world and new experiences. We are looking for talented entrepreneurs to unleash their innovation and creativity for facilities management solutions in Hong Kong.
During this Landing programme participants will have the chance to meet with investors or corporates in Real Estate, Property Development, Property Management, Retail, and PropTech for opportunities scale solutions within Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area.
Landing Programme Verticals
- Access Control
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Automation and Robotics
- Maintenance & Repair
- Smart Toilet
- Crowd Tracking
- Crowd Management
- Retail Technologies
- Smart Spaces (community, mobility, operations)
- There are no restrictions on company size to apply for this Landing Programme.
- Applications that express clear interest in landing in Hong Kong and the GBA within the next 12 months will be prioritized.
- Any local or international startup which is not a current HKSTP tenant or in Cyberport incubation are eligible to apply.
We encourage accepted participants to join on-site for the 5-10 day programme but if travel restrictions apply all sessions will be held virtually and recorded. Participants should expect on average 4 hours of sessions daily during week 1 and a flexible schedule in week 2 for investors, corporates and 1on1 meetings with InvestHK and HKSTP.
- Application deadline: June 25th, 2021
Application Review: June 25th – July 2nd, 2021
Acceptance Notifications: Week of July 5th, 2021
Landing Programme: July 12th – July 23rd, 2021
Ready to apply?
Applications are now open!