On May 27th, the Asia Healthcare Innovation Summit will bring together health startups, professionals, and investors to share their knowledge and experience on the latest developments within health technology. The summit is a one-day virtual event hosted on Hopin and is part of StartmeupHK Festival 2021.
Brinc has put together an exciting agenda of keynotes, fireside chats, panels, pitches, and roundtables from Asia’s leading healthcare leaders and professionals.
Notable speakers include:
- Danny Yeung, Co-founder & CEO, PRENETICS
- Sushmita Munshi, VP, Digital Products & Partnerships, MANULIFE ASIA
- Sharon Chan, Head, JLABS @ Shanghai, JOHNSON & JOHNSON INNOVATION
- Aga Manhao, Managing Partner, FUTURE HEALTH
- Andy Wong, Head of Innovation & Technology, INVEST HONG KONG
- Dr. Cyrus Chan, Assistant Director, IncuBio, HKSTP
- Dr. Amit Kakar, Head of Asia, NOVO HOLDINGS
- Judith Li, Partner, LILLY ASIA VENTURES
- Victor Tong, Partner, DECHENG CAPITAL
- Keith Rumjahn, Co-founder & CEO, OLIVEX
- Andrea Guisse, Director of Sales & Partnerships, CAREVOICE
- Henry Chan, Lead Author of China Digital Report 2021, SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST
The diverse group of speakers will be sharing their unique perspectives and insights into the latest healthcare innovation trends.
During the summit, the finals of the Future Health Asia Pitch Competition will be held. The top two startups will be invited to Future Health Asia’s monthly private investor network meetup where they will have the opportunity to pitch for an investment of up to $250,000 USD.
The finalists are:
- Healthzilla provides insurance and wellness industries with an engaging, fully digital platform that helps their customers with preventative lifestyle changes through building and sustaining healthy habits
- Goldilocks is creating smart clothing for infants to reduce the stress new parents feel
- Opuz measures your blood glucose with a pain-free wearable ring, say goodbye to needles and equipment.
- PopIt makes medication connected. Validated to improve adherence and patient engagement, leading to healthier patients
- ScalaMed is a smart prescription gateway that is the easiest way to connect patients’ prescriptions to an app
- Talos is a radiation therapy AI solution
- WO:EX technology is a robotic exo-platform designed for rehabilitation & movement assistance for people with motion impairments
The eight finalists will be making their pitch to the managing team of Future Health. The results will be announced live on the day.
Earlier this year, Brinc announced a partnership with Future Health to launch a Singapore & Hong Kong cross-border MedTech accelerator program to invest in startups developing HealthTech and MedTech solutions for the Asian market. The program aims to support Seed to Series A stage startups, focusing on an industry that will require additional attention in a post-COVID era.
The program will support startups that either have a significant customer base in Asia or aspire to enter the Asian market. Startups accepted into the 3-month accelerator program will receive a cash investment of up to USD $250,000 and will be provided with a custom-designed curriculum to help them navigate specific points of failure in the industry and reach critical developmental milestones. Accepted teams will also have access to Brinc and Future Health Asia’s growing network of partners in the healthcare space — supporting a significant program objective will be to help them explore and secure commercial opportunities with hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and other healthcare providers across APAC. Furthermore, participating startups will benefit from Brinc’s global network of late-stage investors and will also receive a startup perks package valued at over USD $250,000.
Together, Brinc & Future Health aim to identify the solutions that are perfectly suited to support the innovation that is required to transition this industry into an advanced and connected healthcare ecosystem. Sign up here to get notified when we begin accepting applications for our next cohort.
Brinc is excited to launch its inaugural summit during this year’s StartmeupHK Festival. Special thank you to the StartmeupHK and Invest Hong Kong team for their support of our summit.
Join us on Thursday, May 27th, at the Asia Healthcare Innovation Summit. Register now!
Brinc is a different breed of venture capital and accelerator platform. Core to their business is the belief that some of the world’s biggest challenges can be solved by entrepreneurs, who they like to call GAME CHANGERS. Brinc believes that deep technology-focused startups can fundamentally change how we move, what we eat, how we feel and where we live for the better if they are given the right backing. That’s what Brinc believes they are here for. To support and mentor founders and their teams from across the world and provide investment to help them grow. Brinc currently operates twelve multi-disciplinary accelerator programs across six countries and has made 150+ investments. Learn more at www.brinc.io