MENA - HARDWARE & IOT
Twice a year, we run a 16 week MENA Hardware & IoT Accelerator Program in Manama, Bahrain. The program aims to support early stage connected hardware startups in developing a viable business around their product, and ensuring the technical feasibility, financial viability and market desirability of their products.
In the world of IoT, wherever you look there are use cases waiting to be addressed. The spectrum of game changing innovations is endless. As part of our belief in supporting impact driven IoT startups and scaleups, we developed a program that helps your IoT venture realize its potential, de-risk our investment dollars, and determine your growth trajectory. We provide you with a network of global mentors that can accelerate your product development, market access, geographical expansion, business development, and fundraising.
We believe that connected devices will transform elemental sectors of our economy such as energy, logistics, manufacturing, smart cities, health, and education, and will impact all aspects of our lives. We believe that unlocking information about our bodies, homes, offices, cities, food supply, and beyond, can profoundly improve the world that we live in.
Receive up to $60,000 USD in exchange for 8 – 14% equity of your startup.
In addition to funding, we provide mentorship, investor networking, a customized curriculum, technical onsite training, market connections, business development meetings, an international startup perks package, and on-going support to help get the early stages of your startup set up correctly and grow effectively.
- Industry 4.0
- Smart City
- We invest in international startups. Startups do not have to be based in the program’s location.
- Startups that have developed a product that fits within one of our Hardware & IoT investment verticals.
- Must have a working prototype or show technical capabilities of being able to produce the product. Program is also suitable for startups in the early revenue generation phase.
- At least 2 full time co-founders with relevant industry experience.
- Scalable business model with high growth potential.
Startups successfully accepted into our accelerator program will need to:
- Be present in Bahrain for 7 weeks of the program for on-site training. The other 9 weeks of the program can be done remotely.
- Providing access to Gulf Cooperation Council economy with a market size of over USD 1.5 tn.
- Zero corporate tax, lower rent than the wider region.
- Zero-rated VAT on exports, 0% customs duty on raw materials & plant machinery.
- Decision makers and corporates are easily accessible via program partners; Startup Bahrain and Bahrain’s Labor Fund Tamkeen.
- Access to government procurement with 20% allocation for SMEs.
- Engage with Export Bahrain, an export support entity to help you go global.
Ready to apply?
Applications are currently closed. Complete the interest form below to get notified when our applications open for Spring 2022!
Mix business with purpose
Global diverse talent
Our seasoned team of advisors from diverse backgrounds is critical for your long-term success, delivering value and supporting our founders on their journey to building profitable companies whilst addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
We create synergy by pairing founders with the right corporate partners to help spark new thinking and develop ideas that could make a significant difference to both business and ultimately the world.
Joining the Brinc family has been an enriching experience that has allowed us to reflect, refine and reinvent the way we look at our business fundamentals. We’re grateful with the support Brinc has offered us from specialized workshops, office hours with domain experts and mentor sessions.
Brinc has been very helpful in providing lots of mentorships and business connections to ensure that we develop and accelerate our business in a really short span of time.
I am very impressed with the Brinc team’s professionalism and helpfulness, where we were given the springboard for our company’s operations in Bahrain. I recommend Brinc to any startup interested in launching a hardware tech business in the region.
Our graduation from the BRINC MENA accelerator program opened doors for us to an active business world which ultimately led us to decide to stay in Bahrain.
The Brinc MENA team was passionate and dedicated, exposing our team to a wealth of knowledge providing us confidence in executing our core vision.
Brinc is the first accelerator of its kind in the MENA region. They provide exceptional mentorship to startups who are solving IoT problems with hardware.
Having a hard time finding good and reliable resources? We are here to help you jumpstart your business, and to support our portfolio teams and the global community of founders. Give our FREE tools a try!