About this role
We are looking for an Office Manager to support our team in Sydney, Australia. The Office Manager will be responsible for human resources, financial bookkeeping, and office management. The role requires a candidate who is a quick learner, detail-oriented, and a fast problem solver.
Roles & responsibilities
• Responsible for all office administrative duties and support.
• Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
• Perform daily tasks relating to the management of the office premises, including ordering and managing office supplies
• HR including staff communications, local recruitment, coordinating performance and reward, maintaining staff files and paperwork, leave, and timesheets
• Financial management including bookkeeping, payroll, expenses, project billings, managing budgets, forecasting, and cashflow.
Desired skills & experience
• Previous work experience within HR or Administration
• Knowledge of the Australian startup ecosystem
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced workplace
• Strong time management skills and ability to multitask when necessary
• Ability to recognize and set priorities based on current needs and work independently
• Bookkeeping experience and working knowledge of accounting systems (preferably Xero)
• Excellent customer service, phone manner, and confidence in dealing with the general public and other stakeholders
• In-depth understanding of the entire Microsoft Office and Google Suite