This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) will explain how Brinc Limited (“Brinc”, “we”, “our”, “us”) handles your data. “Personal Data,” as used in this Privacy Statement, is information that identifies or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to an identifiable person. The privacy practices and standards detailed in this Privacy Statement apply to all data subjects globally, unless specifically noted otherwise.
This Privacy Statement applies to the Brinc websites (“Site”) and the services we provide including accelerator program related services and other services relevant to startups, collectively “Services.”
What Personal Data does Brinc collect about me?
The categories of Personal Data collected by Brinc change depending on the Services you use. We have described below which Services correlate with the processing in each Personal Data category.
Information you provide directly
We collect the Personal Data you provide to us, for example:
- Registration information: When you apply for a program or to participate in a competition or otherwise register with Brinc (whether through the Site or other platforms Brinc makes available), we collect information that identifies you such as your name, username, email address and password.
- Profile information: We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you apply for accelerator programs, to participate in a competition or other events, or otherwise register a profile with Brinc for collaboration; this may include your head shot, additional email addresses, company/organization name, job title, country, social media handles, and biography. Please note this information may be visible to other users of the Services and to the public if you consent to the sharing of this information.
- Marketing contact information: If you request Brinc to contact you, or sign up for marketing materials or events, Brinc may collect information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, company name, and size of company. This may be collected through the Site as well as through the use of other platforms made available to you by Brinc.
- Recordings: We may record and transcribe calls hosted on various videoconferencing technologies between you, our accelerator program operations teams, and/or the investment decision makers at our investment partners’ firms for record keeping of key decisions concerning your involvement in accelerator programs or as our portfolio company. Further video recordings may take place during the accelerator programs or competitions in which you participate as a representative of an applicant company, a mentor, or an investor. These recordings are taken for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Other content you submit: We may also collect other content that you submit to our Services. For example: feedback, comments and blog posts, or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, prize draws, activities or events. When you participate in interactive channels, we may collect and process information for demographic analysis. Such collection is not tied to any specific products, but may be collected through the Site.
Information about your use of the Services we collect automatically
We may collect certain Personal Data automatically through your use of the Services, for example:
- Device Information and Identifiers: When you access and use our Services, we automatically collect information about your device, which may include: device type, your device operating system, browser type and version, language preference, IP address, hardware identifiers, and mobile IDs. This information may be collected through any use of the Services.
- Site usage data: When you visit our Site, we automatically log information about how you interact with the sites, such as the referring site, date and time of visit, and the pages you have viewed or links you have clicked.
- Email marketing: When we send you emails, they may include technology such s a web beacon, that tells us your device type, email client, and whether you have received and opened an email, or clicked on any links contained in the email. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer, as well as measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through our Site. Our advertising partners may also place web beacons and other similar ad tracking technologies on our Site to collect information. You can refuse web beacons by refusing to accept cookies.
- Buttons, tools, and content from other companies: The Services may include links or buttons to third-party services such as Facebook and Twitter. We may collect information about your use of these features. In addition, when you see or interact with these buttons, tools, or content, some information from your browser may automatically be sent to the other company. Please read that company’s privacy statement for more information.
Information from third-parties
We may collect Personal Data from other parties in the following ways:
- Vendors and partners: We may receive information about you from third-parties such as investment partners or affiliates. Likewise, our operations, marketing, and recruiting teams may receive access to third-party databases containing information to enrich business contacts and other corporate data, or we may receive social listening data from companies that monitor public posts.
- Other users of the Services: Other users of the Services may provide information about you when they submit issues and comments, or we may receive information when you are designated as a representative or administrator on your company’s registered profile. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. And you may use web browser or operating system controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
Why Personal Data is not collected by Brinc?
Brinc does not intentionally collect sensitive Personal Data, such as genetic data, health information, or religious information. Brinc does, however, collect information about your gender and race and ethnicity. We collect this information to promote equity and diversity initiatives within our organization but, if you prefer not to provide this information, you do not have to and may register a profile, still make use of our Services, and access the Site.
If you are under the age of 18, you may not register either to an accelerator program or otherwise through our Site. Brinc does not knowingly collect information from, or direct any of our Services to, persons under 18. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under the age of 18, we will close that registered profile.
How does Brinc use my Personal Data?
Brinc uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To create your registered profile or otherwise process your registration, identify and authenticate your access to the Services, and provide you with the Services you have requested;
- To understand how our Services are used and to improve our Services;
- To provide personalized experiences;
- To conduct user research and development;
- To send you important information about the Services;
- To send you information you have requested;
- To send you advertising, marketing content, offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys or other information;
- To provide you a forum to comment on or discuss the Services;
- To create digital productions and manage events;
- To provide trainings and learning opportunities;
- To provide workload and code review recommendations through machine-learning;
- To respond to your requests for customer support;
- To improve the security of and troubleshoot our Services, as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud and abuse to protect you, Brinc, and third-parties;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our Services;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To protect the rights, safety and property of Brinc, you, or any third-party; and
- For other purposes, for which we obtain your consent.
Legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data
When our processing is subject to international laws, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) that governs individuals located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we collect and process your Personal Data using one or more of the following legal bases set out by applicable law:
- Performance of a contract: We use your Personal Data to provide the Services you have applied or subscribed to, and to complete and administer the contract you have entered into with Brinc, which includes in the third section on this page.
- Legitimate interests: We use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with relevnt content, communicate with business leads, improve our products and services, and for administrative, security, fraud prevention and legal purposes. You may object to the processing of your Personal Data for these purposes at any time.
- Consent: We may use your Personal Data, with your consent, for specific purposes such as marketing, surveys, recordings, and research. You may withdraw your consent for the specific purpose or object to the processing of your Personal Data at any time.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We may use your Personal Data in connection with legal claims, regulatory compliance, and audits.
With whom does Brinc share my Personal Data?
We may share each of the categories of Personal Data we collect with the types of third-parties described below, for the following business purposes:
- Sharing with users and the public: We may share your Personal Data with other users of the Services and with the public if you indicate your consent. You have control over what information is public. To change your settings, go to your registered profile. You should also be aware that any information you share as part of a project, blog, website etc. may be publicly available and you should consider this carefully when interacting with the Services.
- Sharing with administrators: If you registered a profile with your company email address, we may share your Personal Data with your company if your company enters into a contractual relationship with Brinc. If this happens, then your use of the registered profile is subject to the terms and any data protection agreement between your Company and Brinc.
- Sharing with service providers: We share your Personal Data with our service providers. These are companies who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our Services, marketing, advertising, social, analytics, security and other such similar services. These companies are subject to contractual requirements that govern the security and confidentiality of your information. For example, we use analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand the operation and performance of our Services. To learn about how Google uses and shares data it collects through its services, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Sharing with third-parties: Brinc works with third-parties who provide sales, consulting, support and technical services for our Services. Where permitted and with your consent (if required), we may share your data with these partners.
- Sharing with affiliated companies: Brinc will share information collected with companies owned and operated by us. As at the date of this Policy these include: Brinc’s WFOE, Brinc MENA W.L.L., Brinc Pte. Limited, Brincio India Private Limited, and other Brinc subsidiaries throughout the globe.
- Sharing for fraud and prevention abuse: We may share your information when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud, abuse of our services, defend against attacks, and to protect the safety of Brinc and our users.
- Law enforcement: Brinc may disclose Personal Data or other information we collect about you to law enforcement if required in response to a valid subpoena, court order, search warrant, a similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to protect our property or rights, or those of third-parties of the public at large.
- Merger or acquisition: We may share your Personal Data if we are involved in a merger, sale, or acquisition of corporate entities or business units. If any such change of ownership happens, we will ensure that it is under terms that preserve the confidentiality of your Personal Data, and we will notify you on our website or by email before any transfer of your Personal Data.
Sharing Personal Data across national border
Our Services are hosted in Hong Kong and information we collect will be stored and processed in Hong Kong. Our employees, contractors, affiliated organizations, service providers, and sub-processors that process Personal Data may be located in Hong Kong or other countries outside of your home country. If you reside in the EEA, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, and we transfer information about you to a jurisdiction that has not been found by the European Commission to have adequate data protections, we will use available safeguards and legal mechanisms to help ensure your rights and protections, including using Standard Contractual Clauses or obtaining your consent.
How does Brinc secure my Personal Data?
We work hard to protect your Personal Data. We employ administrative, technical, and physical security controls where appropriate, to protect your information.
In order to protect your Personal Data, Brinc will only retain your Personal Data for as long as your registered profile is active or as needed to perform our contractual obligations, provide you the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, preserve legal rights, or enforce our agreements. Brinc reserves the right to delete inactive profiles and associated content. Brinc may deem a profile inactive based on various criteria, including, but not limited to, the profile creation date and the date of the last contribution or information submission. If we plan to delete your profile, we will provide advance notice by sending a message to the email address registered to your profile.
What are my rights and choices regarding Personal Data?
You have the right to access, correct, restrict or delete your Personal Data. While these rights may vary by jurisdiction, Brinc provides you with the same rights and choices, no matter where you live. We provide these rights free of charge unless your requests are manifestly unfounded and excessive.
You may exercise your choices and rights as follows:
- To opt out of email marketing: You may opt-out of email marketing by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. You may continue to receive transactional email messages about your profile and the Service after you have unsubscribed.
- Request a copy of your information: You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal data Brinc has about you.
- Update your information: If you already have a profile, you may access, update, or alter your information by logging into your profile.
- To delete your profile: If you only want to delete your profile, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If your profile is tied to a company that has entered into a contractual relationship with Brinc, you will have to confirm that you have permission from the company to do so or provide a replacement contact person to associate with that company profile.
- To inform your Supervisory Authority: In the unlikely event you disagree with our handling of your request, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, specific privacy rights apply to you:
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Brinc or our service providers may have collected, in the preceding twelve months, the following categories of Personal Information for business or commercial purposes: Identifiers (such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers); internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history and search history; geolocation data; professional or employment-related information; and inferences about preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Brinc collects personal data for the following business or commercial purposes: auditing interactions with consumers, detecting security incidents, debugging, contextual customization of ads shown during consumer interactions, internal research, maintaining quality and safety, providing our Services, maintaining or servicing registered profiles, verifying registered information and communicating with registered profiles.
You are entitled to certain rights as a California resident, such as disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected from you in the preceding 12 months, details about our processing of your Personal Information,and the right to delete your Personal Information. You also have the right to non-discrimination of service or price if you exercise your privacy rights, and Brinc will not deny providing you with the Services or charge you different prices if you exercise your rights.
You have the right to know whether your Personal Information is sold and to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. While we do not believe we sell your Personal Information, the CCPA and the forthcoming CPRA could interpret a sale of Personal Information to be the transmission of cookie identifiers and browsing behaviors to third-parties for interest-based advertising. Subject to certain uses of the Services, we may share such Personal Information with third-parties, which may be considered a sale. You may exercise CCPA rights as described in the “Rights and choices” section above.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. To provide or delete specific pieces of Personal Information we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other important privacy information
Brinc may change its Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do, we will update the date at the top of this Statement. If we decide to make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of the update on the homepage of our Site. We may also provide notification via email of any material changes to our Privacy Statement.
Your information is controlled by Brinc Limited. If you have questions or concerns about the way we are handling your Personal Data, please email us with the subject line “Privacy Concern” at email@example.com.
Collection and Use of Application Information
We may use your Application Information for any Brinc-related purposes. This includes, without limitation:
- Compiling and publishing aggregated statistics regarding companies, founders, verticals, etc.
- Tracking applicants, founders, industries, companies and application trends.
- Where the applicant company participates in an accelerator program, the Application Information will form part of information generally recorded for accelerator program onboarding purposes as well as due diligence for investment partners.
Disclosure of Application Information
Subject to the exceptions described below, if the applicant company submits an application to Brinc, we will not share the Application Information, other than for the purpose of evaluating the application with current investors or prospective investors and additional collaboration partners. When we share the Application Information for such evaluation purposes, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that those evaluators (whether within or outside of Brinc) agree to treat the Application Information confidentially.
We may also disclose your Application Information as set forth below:
- Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Application Information with service providers. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process, or store Application Information in the course of providing services to us.
- Investment Partners: To assist us in selecting the applicant company for an accelerator program, we may share your Application Information with current or prospective investment partners. These parties may access, process, or store your Application Information during the course of investment committees and the accelerator programs.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Application Information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
General Information Included in Applications
Due to the large number of applications and related materials that we receive and review, and the similarity of much of the information provided in such applications, we cannot accept responsibility for protecting against the misuse or disclosure of any general information, knowledge or other materials (including without limitation any information generally known in your industry) included in your Application Information. Any such general information or knowledge you submit to Brinc may be used or disclosed by us or any person with whom we share your application for any purpose and in any manner.
Security and Maintenance of Applications
You submit applications at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Application Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what Application Information you send to us.
After the application process has ended, we may retain your application and the information contained therein.
Update Your Application Information
You can update your Application Information by logging in and editing your application profile.
If you would like your Application Information deleted, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like your Brinc account deleted entirely (including Application Information), please contact email@example.com.
Brinc does not knowingly collect Personal Data, or accept applications, from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Application Information.
By submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that your Application Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and server in Hong Kong.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or Application Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Brinc Limited website (including all subdomains, the “Site”), which is operated by Brinc Limited and its affiliates (collectively, “Brinc”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”).
This Site provides, among other things, information about our people, organization and application process, tools for applicants to submit various applications, discussions about topics relevant to startups, and profiles of founders and companies who have participated in our accelerator programs (“Services”). If you do not agree to these Terms, do not access this Site, or any pages thereof. In return for allowing you access to this Site, we impose and require you to accept these Terms and if you continue to use this Site you will be regarded as having accepted these Terms. If you are not prepared to agree to these Terms then you must immediately leave this Site and you may not use or access our Services.
Access and Use of the Site
Your Registration Obligations: You may be required to register with Brinc in order to access and use certain features of the Site or our Services. Where you are prompted to register and if you choose to register, you agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form. Registration data and certain other information about you are governed by our Privacy Statement. If you are under 18 years of age, we will not accept your registration.
Where Applicable: Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) notify Brinc of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security within a reasonable time period, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Brinc will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Site: Brinc reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Brinc will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage: You acknowledge that Brinc may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Site, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by Brinc. You agree that Brinc has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by you. You acknowledge that Brinc reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
Conditions of Use
User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all images, information, data, text, photographs, graphics or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or email or otherwise transmit to Brinc. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by Brinc. Brinc reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Brinc’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities.
You agree to not use the Site (or any application made available to you through the Site) to:
- email or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (vi) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or (vii) in the sole judgment of Brinc, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Brinc or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- violate any applicable local or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally mzade available or provided for through the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
Site Content, Software and Trademarks:
You acknowledge and agree that the Site may contain content or features (“Site Content”) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Brinc, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Site or the Site Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload when applying to an accelerator program or to participate in a competition or otherwise registering through the Site. In connection with your use of the Site (or your use of any applications made available to you through the Site) you will not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods.
If you are blocked by Brinc from accessing the Site (including by blocking your IP address), you agree not to implement any measures to circumvent such blocking (e.g., by masking your IP address or using a proxy IP address).
Any use of the Site, the Site Content, or applications made available to you through the Site, other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Brinc.
Third Party Material:
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
User Content Transmitted Through the Site:
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to Brinc are non-confidential and Brinc will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
Brinc respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify Brinc of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
Brinc will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A written notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to email@example.com for the attention of the General Counsel.
To be effective, the notification must be in email form and contain the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- identification of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of Hong Kong and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the General Counsel, Brinc will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 15 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer Policy:
In accordance with the applicable law, Brinc has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Brinc’s sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Brinc may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the registrations of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Third party websites
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet or to third party applications. Brinc has no control over such sites, resources or applications and Brinc is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites, resources or applications. You further acknowledge and agree that Brinc will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such sites, resources or applications. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Site are between you and the third party, and you agree that Brinc is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
Indemnity and release
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of the Site (and of any applications made available to you through the Site) at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Brinc expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Brinc makes no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your requirements, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable.
You are solely responsible for obtaining independent legal advice prior to making any financial decisions or legal decisions, this includes the decision to apply for an accelerator program or a competition, participate in an accelerator program or competition, and accept investments from our investment partners. Nothing on this Site should be taken as a guarantee that in applying or participating in an accelerator program will result in investment by our investment partners, or follow-on investment thereafter.
Nothing on this Site is intended to be taken as financial planning or investment, tax, accountancy, or law advice. Further, nothing in this Site constitutes an offer or solicitation to offer or recommendation to invest.
Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that Brinc will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary damages, or damages for loss of profits including but not limited to, damages for loss of goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Brinc has been advised of the possibility of such damages), whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, resulting from: (i) the use of inability to use the Site or any related information; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party (including users) on the Site; or (iv) any other matter relating to the Site. In no event will Brinc’s total liability to you for all damages, losses or causes of action exceed US$100.
Brinc is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to the user’s satisfaction by emailing us at email@example.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, disputes will be resolved through the courts of Hong Kong.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Site and Brinc will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. Brinc reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Site.
Last updated on March 15, 2023