Strategy & Corporate Innovation Associate
About this role
Brinc, established in 2014, is a global venture accelerator that strives to identify, nurture and invest in game changing startups from all over the world. We accomplish this through our venture funds, 9 global accelerator programs and our expansive network of startups, corporates, co-investors and ecosystem partners. We specialize in startups focusing on IoT, Drones, Robotics, MedTech, Clean Energy, AgriTech and FoodTech. With a portfolio of 110 startups across 35+ countries, Brinc is one of the most active early stage investors in Hong Kong.
Brinc also works closely with forward thinking corporations who are looking to unlock innovation by engaging with the startup ecosystem. We have a range of offers that help corporations adopt a distributed approach to innovation and facilitate impactful engagements with startups that align to their business and technology objectives.
We are seeking to hire an ambitious and entrepreneurial professional to join the Brinc team as a strategy and corporate innovation associate. As part of the Strategy Division, you will be responsible for supporting and advancing our corporate innovation platform that connects our portfolio of game changing startups with multinational corporations to rapidly scale access to innovation.
Roles & responsibilities
• Support with end-to-end execution and delivery of corporate innovation projects across the Greater Bay Area. This will involve working with our corporate partners to define innovation strategies and processes, facilitate ideation sprints, validate ideas through customer research, and launch new products to market.
• Promote interactions between our corporate partners and the startup ecosystem. This will involve supporting clients as they scout for relevant startups, engage with our accelerator programs, conduct pilots, establish corporate venture capital funds, and invest in startups.
• Work closely with our corporate partners to understand their innovation objectives and consistently scout for relevant startups, facilitate introductions and make recommendations on the best models for engagement.
• Support our Greater Bay Area business development team as we strive to establish ourselves as market leaders in corporate innovation. This entails identifying new partnership opportunities, cultivating strong client relationships, driving business expansion and developing proposals tailored to the needs of prospective customers.
• Maintain an understanding of key industry, technology and regional trends that are relevant for our corporate customers. Work with experts from across the organization to develop hypotheses, conduct primary research, perform targeted data analysis, synthesize market insights and publish thought leadership pieces.
• While the accelerator program is live in the Greater Bay Area, prioritize supporting our portfolio companies by understanding their technology and business models, providing feedback on their operations and pitches, and connecting them to relevant mentors, corporates, investors and ecosystem partners.
• Provide support on a range of ad hoc projects that may include targeted market research, investment thesis definition for new markets, new product creation, accelerator program and marketing analytics, and operational improvement initiatives.
• This role is highly dynamic and collaborative. As you execute on your responsibilities, you will be working with cross-functional teams with members from different divisions and geographies.
Desired skills & experience
• 2-5 years of client-facing experience in a relevant field (startup, consulting, finance, technology, corporate strategy, etc.)
• Passionate about technology, startups, innovation or a particular industry
• First principles thinker and creative problem solver that is able to adapt to unexpected situations
• Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated and the ability to flourish with minimal guidance or supervision
• Proven track record in managing and delivering projects from concept to execution
• Naturally collaborative and can bring in stakeholders from different divisions and markets to make projects successful
• Comfortable building and maintaining relationships with corporate clients, startup founders and other partners
• Presentation development and data analysis wizard / wizardess
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Mandarin proficiency is preferred but not a dealbreaker